Beginners' CoursesLearn to Shoot With a Traditional Longbow
Would you like to learn to shoot safely and competently with a longbow?
Our Club runs beginners’ courses between April and August. We provide all the equipment and coaching. Courses last six weeks and are held on Monday evenings between 6 pm and 8 pm at Preston Grasshoppers Rugby Union ground where we shoot outdoors.
To begin with you will be shooting at 15 to 20 yards and once you have mastered the technique you will be able to shoot at longer distances.
Book in advance by downloading and completing the application form. For more information telephone Alan Cowie on 01772 743916.
These are our 2018 course offerings:
- Mondays 6pm to 8pm from April 16th to May 21st
- Mondays 6pm to 8pm from June 4th to July 9th
- Mondays 6pm to 8pm from July 23rd to August 27th
Depending on demand we may also run an autumn course on Saturday mornings from 2nd October.
Courses include: –
- Tuition in longbow shooting technique
- Use of the club’s equipment
- BLBS insurance
- Instruction in Safety and BLBS Rules of Shooting
Total cost is £60.00 per person.
Special offer for parent and child [aged 11 – 17] – cost £90.00
Minimum age is 11 and anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.