Beginners' CoursesLearn to Shoot With a Traditional Longbow
Would you like to learn to shoot safely and competently with a longbow?
Our Club runs beginners’ courses between May and July. We provide all the equipment and coaching. Courses last six weeks and are held at Preston Grasshoppers Rugby Union ground where we shoot outdoors.
To begin with you will be shooting at 15 to 20 yards and once you have mastered the technique you will be able to shoot at longer distances.
Book in advance by downloading and completing the application form. For more information telephone Alan Cowie on 01772 743916.
Payment by cheque to Samlesbury Longbow Archers with your form
by BACS sort code 77-26-27 account number 35297868
These are our 2019 course offerings:
- Saturdays 10am to 12 noon from May 4th to June 8th PLEASE NOTE – the lesson will start at 10am rather than 11am
- Mondays 6pm to 8pm from June 10th to July 15th
- Please enquire for further summer evening courses by contacting Alan Cowie on 01772 743916
Courses include: –
- Tuition in longbow shooting technique
- Use of the club’s equipment
- BLBS insurance
- Instruction in Safety and BLBS Rules of Shooting
Total cost is £60.00 per person.
Special offer for parent and child [aged 11 – 17] – cost £90.00
Other special offers may be available please enquire
Minimum age is 11 and anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
Samlesbury Longbow Archers is not responsible for content on any other websites linked to from this site. The inclusion of any such links does not necessarily imply an endorsement of the views expressed within them. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites and you view them at your own risk.